Troubleshooting Common Web Trader issues
- Each company name must be unique. The standard practice for companies with multiple accounts is to use the initials of the point of contact as part of the company name. For example, if John Doe is the point of contact for an account owned by ABCDrugs, the company name for that account would be ABCDrugs_JD.
- After you self-register, your account must be approved by an administrator. Until you are approved, you will encounter a screen that says "Account disabled" when you try to log in.
- If you have any issues with digital certificates while registering, please contact email@example.com.
- If you receive a warning about pop-ups, be sure to accept pop-ups for both Java and the FDA certificate
- You may receive an error that reads “FIPS ERROR STATE: Unable to perform self-tests, please ensure all required providers are registered.” This error is caused by JRE/JCE. Make sure that you have correct JRE installed, then check that you have installed the correct JCE files. See the Java Runtime Edition Installation Tutorial (http://www.accessdata.fda.gov/esg/userguide/WebHelp/Java_Runtime_Edition.htm) for more information.
- You may receive a Processor Error. If this happens, make sure the settings on your firewall rules are correct. After you have set them properly, clear your Java cache and resend the submission. You can clear the cache by deleting the directory C:\Documents and Settings\[user]\Application Data\Sun\Java, where the user name of the account goes in the brackets.
- If you are unable to use the browse buttons to select the submission type or you cannot see anything in the Center or submission type drop downs, the Java applet may not have loaded completely. It can take several minutes to load; be sure that it has fully loaded before you try to use any features on the page.
- For more information on troubleshooting and all other aspects of the FDA ESG, see the FAQ (http://www.fda.gov/ForIndustry/ElectronicSubmissionsGateway/ucm114807.htm) and the User Guide (http://www.accessdata.fda.gov/esg/userguide/WebHelp/default.htm).