522 Postmarket Surveillance Studies
DIVISION OF EPIDEMIOLOGY
"PROTECTING & PROMOTING PUBLIC HEALTH THROUGH DEVICE SURVEILLANCE AND RESEARCH"
WELCOME TO THE 522 POSTMARKET SURVEILLANCE STUDIES WEBPAGE
- The 522 Postmarket Surveillance Studies Program encompasses design, tracking, oversight, and review responsibilities for studies mandated under section 522 of the Federal Food, Drug and Cosmetic Act. The program helps ensure that well-designed 522 postmarket surveillance (PS) studies are conducted effectively and efficiently and in the least burdensome manner.
- In May 2008, the oversight responsibility of the 522 Postmarket Surveillance Studies Program was transferred to the Division of Epidemiology (DEPI) of the Office of Surveillance and Biometrics (OSB)/Center for Devices and Radiological Health (CDRH). DEPI continues to build the 522 program.
- CDRH has established an automated internal tracking system that efficiently identifies the reporting status of active 522 PS studies based on study timelines incorporated in study protocols and agreed upon by the CDRH and applicants. This system represents CDRH's effort to ensure that all 522 PS commitments are fulfilled in a timely manner.
- In addition, CDRH launched this publicly available webpage to keep all stakeholders informed of the progress of each 522 PS study. The webpage displays general information regarding each study, as well as the overall study status (based on protocol-driven timelines and adequacy of the data) and the applicant's reporting status for each submission due.
- Postmarket Surveillance Under Section 522 of the Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act, Guidance for Industry and Food and Drug Administration Staff
- 522 Webpage FAQs
- Webinar Presentation - Announcing Final Guidance on Postmarket Surveillance Under Section 522 of the Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act and FDA Webinar on the Final Guidance
- Webinar Transcript - Announcing Final Guidance on Postmarket Surveillance Under Section 522 of the Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act and FDA Webinar on the Final Guidance
Project Manager, 522 Postmarket Surveillance (PS) Studies Program
Food and Drug Administration
10903 New Hampshire Ave
Silver Spring, MD 20993-0002
Phone: (301) 796-6068
Fax: (301) 847-8140