(a) The person named in a cease distribution and notification order issued under 810.10 or a mandatory recall order issued under 810.13 shall submit periodic status reports to FDA to enable the agency to assess the person's progress in complying with the order. The frequency of such reports and the agency official to whom such reports shall be submitted will be specified in the order.
(b) Unless otherwise specified in the order, each status report shall contain the following information:
(1) The number and type of health professionals, device user facilities, consignees, or individuals notified about the order and the date and method of notification;
(2) The number and type of health professionals, device user facilities, consignees, or individuals who have responded to the communication and the quantity of the device on hand at these locations at the time they received the communication;
(3) The number and type of health professionals, device user facilities, consignees, or individuals who have not responded to the communication;
(4) The number of devices returned or corrected by each health professional, device user facility, consignee, or individual contacted, and the quantity of products accounted for;
(5) The number and results of effectiveness checks that have been made; and
(6) Estimated timeframes for completion of the requirements of the cease distribution and notification order or mandatory recall order.
(c) The person named in the cease distribution and notification order or recall order may discontinue the submission of status reports when the agency terminates the order in accordance with 810.17.