TOR No. 2005-007
Threshold of Regulation Exemptions are generally applicable and are effective for the food contact substance (FCS) for the listed intended use regardless of manufacturer or supplier.
|Food Contact Substance:
Polystyrene foam tray with a multi-layer food-contact coating. The coating may contain:
- The following substances as long as they meet the applicable use level limitations in §178.2010 or an effective notification:
- Tetrakis[methylene(3,5-di-tert-butyl-4-hydroxyhydrocinnamate)methane] (CAS Reg. No. 6683-19-8).
- Octadecyl 3,5-di-tert-butyl-4-hydroxyhydrocinnamate (CAS Reg. No. 2082-79-3).
- Di-tert-butylphenyl phosphonite condensation product with biphenyl (CAS Reg. No. 119345-01-6).
- Tri(mixed mono- and di-nonylphenyl) phosphate (CAS Reg. No. 26523-78-4)
- Tris(2,4-di-tert-butyphenyl)phosphite (CAS Reg. No. 31570-04-4)
- Cyclic neopentanetetrayl bis(octadecyl phosphite) (CAS Reg. No. 3806-34-6)
- The following substances as long as they are used at GMP levels (i.e. the minimum amount necessary to achieve the intended technical effect).
- Butylated hydroxytoluene (BHT)
- Diatomaceous silica
- A blend of a styrene-butadiene thermoplastic elastomer and a styrene-butadiene copolymer, both complying with §177.1640, as components of the non-food contact layers of the laminate.
- An ethylene vinyl alcohol copolymer, complying with §177.1360, as a component of the non-food contact layers of the laminate.
For use in contact with ground beef during electron beam irradiation of the ground beef in a nitrogen atmosphere, at doses not to exceed 3.0 kilograys (kGy).
Mitec Advanced Technology
|Quick Links to regulations in 21 CFR (referenced above):
*For references to food types and conditions of use, see
Food Types &
Conditions of Use for Food Contact Substances.