Threshold of Regulation (TOR) Exemptions
Last updated July 2016
Listed below are the exemptions that have been issued under 21 CFR 170.39 Threshold of regulation for substances used in food-contact articles. Threshold of Regulation Exemptions are generally applicable and are effective for the food contact substance (FCS) for the listed intended use regardless of manufacturer or supplier. The list includes the name of the company that made the request, the chemical name of the substance, the specific use for which the substance received an exemption from regulation as a food additive, and any appropriate limitations on the substance's use. Questions pertaining to this list should be directed to the Office of Food Additive Safety (firstname.lastname@example.org).
More about food contact substances.
Search and display hints:
- Select the file number below to view the record details.
- To sort by a specific field, click on the column header for that field.
- To browse the records, use the Show All, First/Previous/Next/Last, and Jump To options at the bottom of the data table.
- To search for a specific substance/term, enter the term in the Search box and select Show Items to display only those records that contain the selected term. (The search results also includes terms not shown on this page, but included in the full record on the detail page.)
- The search results will return hits of records containing words that include the search term. For example, a search for the color red will return results that include terms such as manufactured. To limit results to only the searched term, place a space before and after the word in the basic search or in the advanced search “this exact phrase” field.
*For references to food types and conditions of use, see Food Types & Conditions of Use for Food Contact Substances